When that extra dose of torque is necessary.
Our planetary, spur and special gearheads perfectly compliment our motors.
The gearheads are adapted to the desired motors on site in the supplying plant, further improving the gearhead performance.
maxon spur gearheads
Spur gearheads are suitable for low torques. The gearheads consist of one or more stages. One stage represents the pairing of two cogwheels. The first toothed gear (pinion) is mounted directly on the motor shaft. The bearing of the output shaft is usually made of sintered materials.
- Attractively priced
- Output torque of up to 2 Nm
- Reduction ratio of 6:1 to 5752:1
- Low noise level
- High efficiency
maxon planetary gearhead
Planetary gearheads are suitable for transferring high torque. The larger gearheads are normally equipped with ball bearings at the gearhead output.
- Torque up to 180 Nm
- Reduction ratio of 4:1 to 6285:1
- High power in a small space
The quiet maxon Koaxdrive gearhead combines worm and planetary gearheads. The signature characteristic of the drive is its unusually quiet running, even under heavy loads.
- High reduction ratio in the first stage
- Combined with maxon EC motors, ideal for medical technology.
Spindle drives transfer the power generated by the motor into linear feed rate and feed force. The output shaft's bearings can absorb highest axial loads.
- Compact design due to direct integration of the spindle
- Comprises planetary gearhead with radial and axial bearings
- Designed for high forces and linear feed rates
- Wide range of spindles to suite any application